Welcome to Green's seafood tasting menu.
Our seafood menu is fast becoming our ' jewel in the crown' since we launched it 2 years ago and we pride ourselves on using fresh local seafood landed on Whitby fish quay by Whitby trawlers.
The trawlers in Whitby and the day boats in Staithes are only at sea for short periods of time so you can be sure your fish is of the highest quality. We can tell you from which boat your fish was caught, and the skippers name.Complete traceability!
There is a blackboard in our bistro with all the trawlers and skippers names.
Keep an eye out the next day after dining at Green's and you could see the trawler that has caught your supper the night before.
The aim of this menu is to provide you with an opportunity to taste a series of our house seafood specialities.
A selection of wines have been carefully chosen to compliment each dish and are served in 100ml measures and priced separately to enhance your experience.
Feel free to order four, five or six courses with or with out our wine recommendations.
Our chefs will then send the dishes in an order they feel appropriate for your choices.
Enjoy your experience at Green's!
Rob and Emma Green
Below is an example menu. 24 hours notice is usually required to book the seafood tasting menu and it is a requirement that all your guests at the table take the menu. If you book in advance for the menu we can contact you nearer the time to discuss creating your very own bespoke menu.
- Salt & Pepper Whitby Squid with lime and chilli mayonnaise Chablis (all glasses are 100ml) £3.95
- Crispy whitebait with lemon and curried mayonnaise Saint Clair, Sauvignon Blanc £3.85
- Queen Scallops served in the shell with pesto, parmesan & matured Sleights ham Gavi di Davi £2.85
- Fillet of Whitby turbot with salsa verdi, tempura of pea puree,minted new potatoes and baby herb salad Centare £2.45
- Moules Marineres cooked in white wine, garlic & cream Saint Clair, Sauvignon Blanc £3.85
- Fillet of Thai spiced Whitby mackerel, satay seafood skewer, sweet chilli sauce, oriental coleslaw Groot Constantia Sauvignon Blanc £3.95
- Greens Thai Seafood Ragout: tiger prawns, mussels, salmon & queen scallops with red thai curry, coconut milk & lime leaves Saint Clair, Riesling £3.85
- Fillet of Whitby brill with a potato, pea and lobster chowder, crispy queens and a toasted seaweed bread crouton Chablis £3.95